Thursday 20 March 2014

Work In Progress

I've just started stitching on this piece...............

It began at a class I'm doing at The Hive in Shipley with Claire Welllesley-Smith where we tried image transfer techniques.  These transfers are on fine lawn inkjet printable fabric:


                                              

I have chosen a piece of fabric to layer behind the sheer fabric so that the stitches frame and enhance the images, the writing and the stains and I have made.............


a sandwich of vintage linen, light wadding and fine cotton.  

Here is the fabric sandwich with the lawn laid on top:


I haven't got very far yet with the stitching so I'm off to thread my needle now.......




1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing Sue. I must try image transfer to fabric. Love your piece very vintage. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete