I started with a scrap of procion dyed fabric - where a fern leaf had acted as a resist - and a piece of cardboard. I added a bit of hand stitching and a little using a machine, some stamped images, distress inks, a dab or two of gesso and an old photograph. This is what happened.....
Here's a close up of Auntie Grace, Mrs Huckerby, Mrs Brentnall and Grandma Dexter stepping out for a day in Skegness.
This is some of the hand stitching....
and this some done on my sewing machine - I really like the curl of wire near the zig zag stitch.
I used a leaves stamp by Dyan Reaveley
and finally I added a small bunch of rusty keys.
It was great fun!